Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Temptation

Purslane Attracting Bee

“Blessed is the man who perseveres5278 under trial, because when he has stood the test,
 he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
 When tempted,3985 no one should say, ‘God is tempting me.’
For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;
but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;
and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
Do not be deceived, my dear brothers”
James 1:12-16

5278 – hupŏmĕnŏ – to stay under (behind), i.e. remain; fig. to undergo, i.e. bear (trials) have fortitude, persevere: - abide, endure, (take) patient(-ly), suffer, tarry behind.

3985 – pĕirazō – to test (obj.), i.e. endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: - assay, examine, go about, prove, temp (-er), try.


Only through Your power, Lord, can I not be dragged away.
I pray Your Spirit within me will give me strength to stay
On the path of righteousness, the straight and narrow way.
When desires draw me in like a flower draws a bee,
Help me, Lord, to turn around and from temptation flee;
For I long to receive a crown life, to lay as a gift before Thee.


No comments: