Friday, October 26, 2018

1 SAMUEL 16:7 THE LORD KNOWS WHETHER THE INSIDE GLOWS


THE LORD KNOWS
WHETHER THE INSIDE GLOWS

But the Lord said unto Samuel,
Look not on his countenance,
or on the height of his stature;
because I have refused him:
for the Lord seeth not as man seeth;
for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.
1 Samuel 16:7 (KJV)

Susan: When people look at me, I often feel the chair is the first thing they see. Next, they see the contracted hands and arms, followed by the fact that my legs have been shortened by twenty-three inches, and I am now three foot, two, (I’m little but mighty). They speak to me as if I am deaf and mentally impaired, loudly and with simple words.  My roommate, Susie, has even been quietly asked whether or not I can read. Under the disguise of my earth-suit, I am an ordained minister with a master’s degree from Oral Roberts University and a megaphone for the Lord. The most important things is what God sees and loves about me: My earth-suit houses a heart that loves the Lord Jesus and surrenders to His will.

Susie: A former first-grade student of mine was battling brain cancer as a third grader. After chemotherapy, her head was as so bald and round that she looked like Charlie Brown. After she informed me she was comfortable talking openly about her challenges, I asked how she felt about her looks. She said, “At first, when all my hair fell out and my face got fat, I was really sad. Then I remembered that you taught us that God looks on the inside, and I feel good about how Jesus inside me looks to God.” Out of the mouths of babes!

Father God, when You look inside our hearts, we are thankful that You see the righteousness of Jesus there. May the love You have placed in our hearts radiate so strongly it is visible to all. 

No comments: