Wednesday, January 30, 2019

PSALM 119:175 INVIGORATE ME TO KNOW YOU INTIMATELY




INVIGORATE ME
TO KNOW YOU INTIMATELY

Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.
Psalm 119:175 (KJV)

The Passion Translation uses the word “invigorate” for live and says, “may your truth be my strength.” The strength of Jesus living in and through us is the ultimate life, the abundant life (John 10:10). God uses His word to infuse us with His strength in order to do whatever He has called us to do (Philippians 4:13). We must choose to make the time to read, meditate on, internalize, and even memorize Scripture. It is a tool the Holy Spirit uses to help us live productive lives for the Kingdom of God. True joy is found in being in an intimate relationship with our Creator and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is our strength: “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him” (Psalm 28:7 KJV). Our strength is found in the truth of God’s word. When we are strong in the Lord, we have joy which results in praise. Susan’s earth-suit may look weak to most people, but her inward strength that comes from the Lord and through understanding His word results in a life filled with joy overflowing into praise.

Father, thank You for preserving Your word through the centuries that we may gain wisdom, strength, and an intimate knowledge of Your character through it. May we read with intentional fervor in order to know You intimately, and may our praise be raised daily to You.

No comments: