Sunday, November 9, 2008

Easier Said than Done

"Every morning tell him, 'Thank you for your kindness,' and every evening rejoice in all his faithfulness" Psalm 92:2 TLB

Reading this scripture is far easier than following it. Take this morning for example. Last night I did not sleep - not a wink, but I really needed to get up and go to Sunday School this morning because we are having a fellowship at my house Friday night and we needed to discuss details. Just as I was putting Mom back to bed because she hadn't slept either, the phone rang. My sister was calling to say that she was not feeling well and hadn't slept all night and, therefore, would not be coming to stay with Mom so I could go to church.

Okay, plan B. I called my friend to see if she could come by to get the invitations and directions to my house to pass out in Sunday school. I woke her up, but she said she'd call me back for directions in a few minutes. She called back and said, "Let me stay with your Mom so you can go to Sunday school. I hate for you to miss since Sunday morning is the only time you get to go to church." I agreed to that plan. After I hung up I thought, "Oh my! The house is a train wreck!"

The phone rang again. It was my sister saying she was coming over after all because her 4-yr-old great grandson was throwing a fit saying, "Granny! I had to miss Sunday school last week. I CAN'T miss two weeks in a row!"

I should have thanked God for his kindness even when it looked like I was going to miss church. But when I realized the little guy was that excited about going to church, I finally remembered to thank God for his kindness and his faithfulness. God is SO GOOD!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for you to acknowledge me.....

:)