Wednesday, February 27, 2019

PROVERBS 8:10-11 TO THE FATHER'S PRECIOUS JEWELS, WISDOM IS BETTER THAN JEWELS


TO THE FATHER’S PRECIOUS JEWELS,
WISDOM IS BETTER THAN JEWELS

Receive my instruction, and not silver;
and knowledge rather than choice gold.
For wisdom is better than rubies;
and all the things that may be desired
are not to be compared to it.
Proverbs 8:10-11 (KJV)

I (Susan) love pretty jewelry, especially precious stones. I enjoy looking at ridiculously expensive rings and necklaces online. But however nice it would be to own such trinkets, they cannot compare to the treasures I find in the word of God. When Susie and I first started working together, I nearly exhausted her by trying to keep up a study and writing schedule that had us posting to a blog six days a week! I had experienced such a drought as far as being able to really dig in and mine the jewels from the Bible, that my appetite for scripture was insatiable!  I may be able to wear a ruby or star sapphire a few times for special occasions, but they really are not much use other than that. But the word of God treasured up in my heart gives me wisdom to face each day in the power of the Holy Spirit. Seeking wisdom by seeking Jesus in the pages of His love letter, the Holy Bible, is far better than having enough money to buy precious jewels. It is in the pages of His word that I learn that I am His treasure, His precious jewel. He holds me in His hand, and He will never let go (John 10:27-29). It is far better to be the Lord’s precious jewel than to own all the precious jewels in the world!

Father, thank You for showing me that in the weaknesses of my earth-suit, burdened as it is with CP, I can soar in Your strength because I am Your daughter and Your treasured precious jewel.

No comments: