Tuesday, August 13, 2019

GALATIANS 2:20 CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST



CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST

When the Messiah was executed on the stake as a criminal, I was too;
so that my proud ego no longer lives.
But the Messiah lives in me,
and the life I now live in my body
I live by the same trusting faithfulness
that the Son of God had, who loved me
and gave himself up for me.
Galatians 2:20 (CJB)

The logo for Precious Jewels Ministries is designed to depict our three foundational scripture verses, one of which is Galatians 2:20 which in the King James Version begins, “I am crucified with Christ.” If you look at our logo, you will see the letters PJM as if they are hanging on the cross. It is our way of visualizing that Christ nailed our sin to the cross thus crucifying our sin nature when we trust totally in Him. What exactly does it mean in terms of my daily life on this planet to be “crucified with Christ?” It means that I am no longer ego-centric (self-centered). I choose, instead to be self-less and Christ-centered. It means His Holy Spirit is working to make me more like Jesus every day, or as Paul put it, “to be conformed to the image of his Son.” What does that look like? It involves exhibiting the Fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” This can only be achieved when the Holy Spirit lives in me. The Holy Spirit enters my life when I trust completely in Jesus just as He trusted in and obeyed the Heavenly Father completely. I must let go of selfish ambitions and instead have “the mind of Christ” (Philippians 2:5). I was crucified with Christ the moment I surrendered my life to Him but dying to self and living in Christ is a daily choice. Each day I must “take up my cross” (Matthew 16:24) and walk the path Jesus shows me. Yes, the logo advertises our ministry, but for us, it is a reminder to make that daily surrender to be “living sacrifices, holy, acceptable unto God, which is our reasonable service” (Romans 12:1).

Father, thank You for nailing our sin on the cross by sacrificing Your only begotten Son, Jesus. Thank You, that His death and resurrection enable us to be at peace with You, Holy God, and live daily as You would have us live. Help us to wake up each day with praises on our lips and the determination to be completely surrendered to Your will, to live as ones who have been forgiven and purchased with the blood of Jesus. 

Phillips, Craig, and Dean have a beautiful song based on Galatians 2:20. You can listen to it here:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=I+am+crucified+with+christ+with+lyrics&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001#id=1&vid=b522395474002816bbdc8323baf081e6&action=view


No comments: