Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thoughts Over a Pumpkin Spice Latte

It's my favorite time of year again - Autumn. Multi-hued leaves blowing in the breeze, cool evenings, and Starbucks has my favorite drink again! Here are my thoughts from last year while drinking my favorite drink at the in store Starbucks at Target:

Sipping expensive coffee in the “Baptist bar,”
Listening to Jazz as I drink my decaf down;
Watching the people passing by in the store,
I see so few smiles, so many frowns.

I wonder what would happen if I walked about smiling
At each passerby if I know her or not.
Would it brighten her day, would it make a difference?
Or would she be thinking, “Is she off her rocker or what?”

I think I’ll go try just greeting these strangers,
Smiling and trying to spread some good cheer.
I’ve had my tall latte; I’ve bolstered my courage.
Here I go overcoming timidity and fear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oct, Nov, Dec - my favorite time of the year. I love fall too. I just we we had more of one here in Texas!

I don't think I've tried the pumpkin latte, actually. I'm too stuck on my white choc mocha.

See you soon!