Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Psalm 138:3 & Philippians 4:6-7 - PEACE PREVAILS by Susan R. Slade


PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7
PEACE PREVAILS

Be careful for nothing; 
but in everything by prayer 
and supplication with thanksgiving 
let your requests be made known unto God.
 And the peace of God, 
which passeth all understanding,
shall keep your hearts and minds 
through Christ Jesus.

PSALM 138:3

In the day when I cried thou answeredst me,
and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.

When sores began cropping up on my feet, I did not understand the depth of the problem. They began creeping up my legs despite the doctors’ best efforts to cure them and my family’s efforts with home remedies. I had only short periods of relief before they returned with a vengeance. I realized the seriousness of the problem when the doctors scraped the wounds to do a culture and nothing definitive came back. They did not have a name for what was causing these necrotic ulcers, so they were unable to come up with an effective treatment plan. I cried out to the Lord for healing, but physical healing did not happen. My feet looked like they were rotting, melting. One doctor said the danger of sepsis and even dying were possibilities that could occur at any time. The Lord gave me the strength and peace I needed to make the decision to have both legs amputated. On one hand, it was a heart-wrenching decision; but on the other hand, it was a “no-brainer.” It was only in Jesus Christ that I could make this choice, and His peace prevailed even during the difficult time of recovery.

Not every time we cry out to the Lord is this drastic, but we can be assured that the Lord hears our cry. We can be certain that the Lord is with us, and as long as He is with us, we can have the peace to face any challenge, large or small. He has the power to bring us out of our situation or through our situation when we rest in Him as our Prince of Peace. What are you crying out to the Lord about today? Thank Him in advance for the answer and the peace He will provide. 

No comments: