Wednesday, July 5, 2017

PSALM 51:8, 12, 14 - INTIMATELY ENGAGED WITH GOD


Day 13 – INTIMATELY ENGAGED WITH GOD
(From A Life's Symphony of Joy by Susan Slade)

 Psalm 51:8, 12, 14

Make me to hear joy and gladness;
that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. . .
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy free spirit. . .
Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation:
and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

            In Psalm 51, David puts all his cards on the table, lays his heart completely open, transparent to the Lord, within David’s own humanity.  Not only did David commit adultery with Bathsheba, but he conspired to have her husband, Uriah, murdered.  Even though he knew that the Lord was aware of his sin, he openly and humbly confessed it in agreement with God’s view of things.  David had eager anticipation that God would bring him back into His fellowship.  David needed to be restored in order to be fit for holy service and for habitation by the Spirit.  Then he would have the capacity to joyfully praise God because God and David would be intimately engaged once again.

            The Master Fisherman had His hook in my mouth for six years, but I would not obey my calling from Him.  I tenaciously refused to receive the fact that I could be the Lord’s minister, and failure to obey is disobedience. When I finally gave up the struggle and accepted my calling, the Lord reeled me into His arms of joy once more.

            Is there a sin or a failure to obey God that is hindering the joy of your journey?  Confess it and, by the power of His Spirit, turn back to the Lord.  He will forgive you and cleanse you.  (1 John 1:9)   He will restore your joy of being in right relationship with Him and bearing fruit for His glory.  

No comments: