Wednesday, October 25, 2017

2 CORINTHIANS 12:9 - ASK ME ABOUT MY THORN


ASK ME ABOUT MY THORN
By Susan R. Slade, Precious Jewels Ministries

2 Corinthians 12:9 (VOICE) “. . . and finally He said to me, “My grace is enough to cover and sustain you. My power is made perfect in weakness.” So ask me about my thorn, inquire about my weaknesses, and I will gladly go on and on—I would rather stake my claim in these and have the power of the Anointed One at home within me.”

People say, "I can't, I can't," when they should say, "Lord, You know how I can; and You will make it so in and through me." Following is only a portion of my resumé of weaknesses, my thorns in the flesh:

  • ·        Apnea which leaves me gasping for breath and foggy in the mornings
  • ·        Amputation of both legs above knee – phantom pain
  • ·        Bed-found unless two people are available to put me in my chariot
  • ·        CP affecting all four limbs – limited use of one hand/arm
  • ·        Digestive problems
  • ·        Extreme startle reflex
  • ·        Incontinence
  • ·        Hyper nerve sensitivity (pulling off band-aids is excruciating)
  • ·        Legally blind without my glasses
  • ·        One kidney due to removal of the other


God is not limited by the limitations of my earth-suit. He overcomes my limitations, my challenges when I am obedient in abandoned pursuit of His will, pleasure, and joy. I step out in faith despite the fact that I have no feet. How do I do this, you might ask? I walk decision by decision in agreement with the Lord. God has called me to be His megaphone through both spoken and written testimony to His grace and for His glory. I can’t do this, but He can and does as I am submitted and committed to His purposes in my life.

Your weaknesses are an opportunity for God to show up and show Himself powerful. Do not use your thorns as an excuse. Do not deem someone God calls useful to be useless. Your obedience may be the very thing that leads another person to see the rose of God’s grace blooming in splendor among your thorns. 


No comments: