Wednesday, June 6, 2018

PSALM 119:72 ALL I NEED


All I Need

Lord, please keep me on my knees
Because from that position I can see
That you are truly all I have,
Yet you are all I need.
Lord, please keep me on my knees.

      My greatest times of growth in the Lord have been during and immediately after “bad times” in my life.  After my husband left me, I drew very close to the Lord because it seemed like He was all I had.  My parents were living in England.  Both my sisters were married; and although they both ministered to me as much as they could, they had their own families to tend to.  I felt very alone until I joined a singles’ Sunday school class whose members taught me to rely on the Lord in a way I never had before. 
      I experienced another tremendous growth spurt when my Grandmother lived with us during her struggle with lung cancer.  I was at her bedside when she died, and I realized the urgency of serving God during the time he has given us on earth.  Grandma’s desire was that salvation be preached at her funeral, and that was honored. I wrote New Year’s Song shortly thereafter.  The first line was “If this were to be my final night upon the earth, I know that I’d have confidence that I’ve received new birth.”  It went on to express that each day I’m given should be lived in praise to the Lord and in helping others to know him.
      Migraine headaches have given me a great appreciation for pain free days.  Having pain so intense that I could not read or even remember solidly memorized scripture helped develop a drive in me to internalize God’s word even more.
      I praise God for the good times when I enjoy my own health and the health of those I love.  I praise him for the days when I have friends who love me and are trustworthy.  I praise him for providing for my needs and giving me enough to share with others.
      But when the bad days come, I know that I can trust him to use them for my good.  I know that he can show me his everlasting love in the midst of trial or sorrow.  I’ve learned that his promises are true even when my mind tells me not to believe. God is faithful.  He’s my portion, and he is all I need.

No comments: