Wednesday, June 27, 2018

PSALM 119:90 FAITHFUL


Faithful

You are faithful every moment
of every hour of every single day.
And you are near me, right beside me,
never leaving; you will never stray.
For your love is perfect. Your love is true.
No one else could ever love me the way that you do!

So I will trust you, true submission,
complete surrender; I give to you my all.
Lead me; guide me.  Show me how
I best can serve you. I’m listening for your call.
For your love is perfect.  Your love is true.
No one else could ever love me the way that you do!


       I had been asked to be one of the worship leaders for a singles’ retreat with the theme “Complete in Christ.”   Of course, God’s timing is perfect; but I was inclined to question the wisdom of having someone who was pining to be married pursue this theme.  However, Father always knows best. 
       I sat at my computer praying over what songs to prepare.  I asked the Lord to help me understand my completeness in him.  Actually, my exact words were, “Okay, Lord, show me how you are better than a husband.”  It may not have been the most spiritual sounding prayer, but he answered.  When I had finished praying and waiting quietly for him, I began typing the lyrics above.  When I finished typing, I picked up my guitar; and the Lord enabled me to compose a melody to fit the lyric within a few minutes.
       Human companions (spouses, parents, children, friends) will fail at times.  Often unintentionally they may betray our faith in them.  God’s love and faithfulness will never fail. He’ll never walk out when the going gets tough.  In fact, he’ll stick close by my side at the times when I am the most difficult to love. He is faithful.
       The Lord blesses us with friends and family, and we need to be thankful for them.  If he chooses to bring a husband into my life, I pray that it will be because we can serve him more effectively as a couple than each of us can on our own.  However, I also pray that whether single or married, I will never lose sight of the fact that I am complete in Christ.  He is faithful to provide all I need and to align my desires with his in order to fulfill them.  “I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end, [no matter how extensive, noble and excellent] but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity].” (Psalm 119:96 AMP)

No comments: