Monday, September 3, 2018

LUKE 14:33 JEWELS AT THE FOOT OF HIS CROSS


JEWELS AT THE FOOT OF HIS CROSS
      
So then, any of you who does not forsake
(renounce, surrender claim to, give up, say good-bye to) all that he has cannot be My disciple.
LUKE 14:33 (AMPC)

       True discipleship is a total surrender of everything I have and everything I am to the lordship of Jesus. We no longer have lords and serfs, so it can be explained as Jesus being the big boss. He is a King in the true sense, not just a figurehead who answers to a parliament. He is the one in total control of His kingdom and its subjects.
       The logo for Precious Jewels Ministries is an illustration of this concept. The PJM is on the cross symbolizing our death to ourselves to be made alive by Jesus (Galatians 2:20). The jewels at the foot of the cross symbolize that we surrender not only who we were but who He has re-created us to be, His precious jewels.  “And they shall be Mine, says the Lord of hosts, in that day when I publicly recognize and openly declare them to be My jewels (My special possession, My peculiar treasure)” (Malachi 3:17a AMPC). The jewels also represent the good works the Lord has called us to do and enables us to do (Ephesians 2:10). We are the living stones that make up God’s kingdom and offer the sacrifice of ourselves, our possessions, and our deeds to the Savior at the foot of His cross (1 Peter 2:4-5).
       We are God’s “Precious Jewels,” not because of our own merit but because He has clothed us in the righteousness of His Son and adorned us to be the bride of Christ (Ephesian 5:25-27). Our surrender is the sweet surrender of one who knows her Lord will completely meet her needs and care for her forever.

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

No comments: