Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Poem by a Soldier's Mom

I sent this poem in with my son's Christmas card when he was serving in Iraq. Praise the Lord, he's home now; but I put it here to remind us all to pray for those sons and daughters still serving in Iraq and Afghanistan this Christmas.


Peace on earth, good will toward men,
Tidings of comfort and joy…
These words seem trite in the Christmas cards
To send to Iraq to my boy.
But I know that the peace we have in this world
Is a peace that settles within
When we trust in our heavenly Father
And the power that comes from Him.
And the Lord has sent us His good will
In His ambassador, His Son,
Who from the cross cried “It is finished!”
His mission on earth was done.
Tidings of comfort God brings to me
As I pray for my only boy.
God’s only Son was sent on a mission,
So I can share tidings of joy.
He’s no longer the Babe in the manger…
He’s my rock, my fortress, my defense;
And knowing my son is in His loving hands
Overcomes fears most immense.
Peace on earth, good will toward men,
Tidings of comfort and joy…
I no longer hesitate to send that card
To Iraq to my only boy.

No comments: