Monday, May 2, 2016

NOBODY AND SOMEBODY


I’M A NOBODY
By Susie Hale
August 18, 1986

I’m a nobody:                      John 8:32
Can I be used of Thee?
Can You really set people free
Through a nobody like me?

“I’m a nobody.                     Exodus 4:10
Why, I can’t even talk.”
At first Moses balked;
But through a sea, he walked.

“I’m a nobody”                     Judges 6:15
The youngest of the least.”
But Gideon put out a fleece
And fought for Israel’s peace.

“I’m a nobody:                     Matt. 4:18         
A simple fisherman.”
But Peter followed the Son of Man
And at Pentecost, preached God’s plan.

I’m a nobody.                             Psalm 25:4
But God can use me now
If to His will, I’ll bow.
Lord, please show me how.




REALITY IS: I AM A SOMEBODY
By Susie Hale
Written at the suggestion of Susan Slade
April 30, 2016


I am a Somebody.                          2 Corinthians 5:17
Jesus died to make me a new creation.
When I trusted Him,
Heaven held a celebration!

I am a Somebody.                    John 10
The Holy Spirit drew me into the fold.                
The Father holds me in His hand,
So I am not afraid to be bold.

I am a Somebody.                    Romans 8
Although I had no value within me
And sinned against God daily,
He chose to adopt me into His family.

I am a Somebody.                    Malachi 3:17a
The Holy Spirit is my strength and fuel.
He empowers me to obedience
To be God’s shiny, precious jewel!




No comments: