Wednesday, June 1, 2016

THE BLOOD


I Will Continue to Talk About His Blood
By Susie Hale – March 24, 1982

“Let’s not talk about the blood,” they say,
“That turns off the people of today.”
But don’t they know it’s the only way
to know the God, who His own Son did slay?

God sent Christ to die in our place.
The blood that He shed provides God’s grace
to save us from hell to Heaven and God’s face.
It covers our sin and leaves not a trace.

If it had not been for the blood Jesus shed
from His hands, His feet, His side, His head;
if He had not died then arose from the dead,
there would be no hope. There’d be only dread.

So I’ll think of His precious blood and I’ll sing.
I’ll rejoice in Him and praises I’ll bring.
To tell of His blood glorifies Christ the King.
To receive its power is a wonderful thing.

I’ll thank the Lord that He died for me.
I’ll tell others about Him and pray they will see
that the blood of the Lamb can set them free.
The blood brings the greatest joy there can be.

I’ll continue to talk about his blood without shame.
I’ll sing the Lord’s praises for taking my blame
He died in my place, and I’ll never be the same.
I love Him, I’ll praise Him and glorify His name. 

No comments: