Monday, November 7, 2016

ON THIS ROCK I STAND

On This Rock I Stand
July 12, 2003

There is a Rock on which I stand.
I’m held there by God’s grace.
For Christ alone is my salvation; 
I will daily seek his face.
My fortress, my stronghold, my defense, 
my refuge, the rock of my strength
is Jesus Christ, my Lord, my God, 
the Living Water from which I drink.
My salvation and honor depend on God. 
In him, my soul shall find rest.
I stand on this Rock and shall not be moved. 
By his grace, I’m supremely blessed.


“My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him;
For my hope and expectation are from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense and my fortress; I shall not be moved.
With God rests my salvation and my glory;
My rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness, 
and my refuge is in God!
Trust, lean on, rely on and have confidence in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us – 
a fortress and high tower.
Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
Psalm 62:5-8 (Amplified Version)

“To his own master he stands or falls.
And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.”
Romans 14:4 (NIV)

No comments: