Monday, November 14, 2016

RESCUE FROM TRUTH DECAY


Rescue from Truth Decay

          Some days it feels that evil surrounds me like a thick fog – wars, murders, riots, robberies, cruelty toward innocent children, persecution of my brothers and sisters around the world. However, an even bigger problem is the colorful, eye-catching temptation everywhere in my path – billboards, commercials, magazines in the check-out line. Beautiful women and handsome men promising the latest craze is everything needed to make life wonderful. Little children and puppies used to make one feel that spending to excess is a must in order to survive in the modern world. We are inundated with invitations to drink, smoke, eat, buy, or pursue sensuality in an effort to fill the void. We do NOT have to give in to the desires inflamed by the world. The Lord is able to rescue us. We are all tempted, but as Christians we always have a way out. “No temptation has seized you beyond what people normally experience, and God can be trusted not to allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear. On the contrary, along with the temptation he will also provide the way out, so that you will be able to endure.” (1 Corinthians 10:13 CJB) I must approach the world with discerning eyes, a mind rooted and grounded in the word of God, and an attitude of constant communication with my Lord through His Holy Spirit indwelling me. God will guard my mind and strengthen me to stay on His path whether I am walking in the thick fog or inundated by eye candy that causes truth decay.

No comments: