Wednesday, August 1, 2018

PSALM 119:136 STREAMS OF TEARS


Streams of Tears
Written October 11, 1987
Susie Hale

“My eyes shed streams of water
because they do not keep Thy law.”
I stepped out of my house today
and wept at what I saw…

I wept to see a dying world
spinning toward destruction,
Listening to the devil’s lies,
ignoring God’s instruction.

I cried because our children
grow up thinking wrong is right.
“How can it be a sin, Mom?
It’s on TV every night!”

My eyes fill up with tears
because our teens are led astray.
They’re told if they desire real love,
they must “go all the way”.

Then I looked at my own friends,
adults approaching thirty.
I taste my tears because I fear
we no longer see sin as dirty.

And has our parents’ generation
also put their blinders on?
I weep to think that no one
will stand up and say, “That’s wrong!”

Not only is sin bad because
it causes people pain,
But because it shows the calloused way
we treat God with disdain.

The psalmist wept, and so do I
because God’s laws are ignored.
Help me to esteem Your word,
oh Lord, I now implore.



      Do we long for understanding of God’s word?  Pray that he will tenderize your heart and renew your mind so you will be able to discern truth.  Pray that he will enable you to hear the Holy Spirit steering you away from evil influences.  Weep over the condition of our nation and our world and pray that our merciful Father will give us time to bear witness to the truth of his salvation.  Teach your children and encourage your friends to do what is right and not follow the crowd.  The psalmist says, “Redeem me from the oppression of men,” and the Phillips translation of Romans 12:2 begins, “Don’t let the world squeeze you into its mold.”  Pray the first part of this psalm. It may cause you to weep for the condition of our lives, but I believe your life will be changed as mine was in 1987.

No comments: