Wednesday, August 8, 2018

PSALM 119:143 STANDING ON HIS WORD

God Sees
August 1988

God sees the total plan:
            I see only today’s rejection.
God sees the picture perfectly:
            I see a dark reflection.
God’s thoughts are perfectly clear:
            I must bring mine under subjection.
God is able to lead me:
            I must follow His direction.




     STANDING ON HIS WORD

     When I’m weary from being gung-ho in service, when I’m feeling rejected and low enough to play handball against the curb, when I’m upset by the cares of this life, I need to stand upon the word of God.  Sometimes I exhaust myself trying to do everything that needs to be done all at once and all by myself.  However, the Lord says “Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30). I need to let the Lord set priorities for me and take time each day to rest in him through prayer.
      Being different from the world has its price.  At times I’ve been rejected and disliked because of taking a stand for Christ.  But when I’m tempted to have a pity party, I remember, “He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering” (Isaiah 53:3a) and “Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also…” (John 15:20).  Christ is not asking me to endure anything close to the suffering and rejection he suffered on this earth.
      Sometimes upsetting circumstances arise…death of a loved one, financial worries, fear of war. May I trust God’s word that says, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything” (James 1:2-4).
      Lord, help me to stand upon your truth. Give me understanding of what I read in your word so that I can live my life boldly for you!

No comments: