Saturday, February 28, 2009

My bubble gum colored crape myrtle may not sing for joy,
but its blooms are definitely a triumphant tribute to their Creator.
They brighten my front yard all summer long
causing me to rejoice in the Lord who satisfies my longing for beauty.

Sometimes it’s hard to understand why the Lord allows certain things.
I must remember he’s a righteous judge. Then in my joy, I will sing.
The day is coming when his truth will reign, and all the earth will be glad.
He will judge the world in righteousness, and justice will finally be had.
Rejoicing heavens, jubilant fields, a glad earth, and resounding seas
will be joined by all the trees of the forest, the rejoicing, singing trees.
Many times I do not understand the Lord’s mysterious ways,
But I can depend upon his love and trust him with all of my days.

No comments: