Thursday, February 12, 2009

Psalm 63 - Thirsting for God

Dew covered hostas in my backyard garden.

When my mouth is dry, my foremost thought is, “Water, I must have water!”
And thus my soul cries out to God, “I thirst for you! Come satisfy my soul!”
I pine for the Lord. I long intensely for intimacy with my Father.
My body cries, “Without you, my Lord, my Savior, I cannot be whole!”
I know my appetite for God, will be completely sated.
He promises to fill those who hunger and thirst for him.
Even during the night, I think of Christ and am elated.
I can sing his praise, and cling to the Lord, even when all seems dim.
The love the Lord gives is more precious than life, great is his mighty power.
So I will praise and glorify my King, giving him all of my days.
My passion will be devotion to Christ and trusting him every hour.
He satisfies my longings like a fantastic dessert. I reserve for him all my praise.

No comments: