Sunday, February 8, 2009

Psalm 1 - Like a Tree


You tell me I’ll be happy if I avoid taking the advice of the ungodly,
standing placidly with sinners, or sitting down to rest with those who mock.
Rather, I am to take joy in studying your word, chewing on it throughout the day,
and deciding that the path I learn from your word is where I’ll walk.
Your word is for me like water to the trees, helping me grow and bear fruit.
Drinking deeply from your word will allow me to mature and not to faint.
The wicked man who is not in your word you describe as worthless chaff,
and a certain outcome of death is the picture of him you paint.
Because I have obeyed your word and am covered with the righteousness of Christ,
you tenderly watch over my path, guiding me to join you someday.
But the way of the wicked, those who reject your salvation,
will perish as chaff from the threshing floor blows away.


No comments: