Sunday, May 31, 2009

Psalm 115 - Trust in the Lord

Mom looked out the window and said, “There’s a red-headed woodpecker pecking a hole in our tree!” I grabbed the camera and began taking pictures. Mr. and Mrs. Woodpecker have now built a secure home in which to hatch their eggs. They’ve spent much time and effort preparing this hole for nesting. If God gives the birds instinct to prepare a secure home for their children, I can be certain the home Jesus is preparing for me is going to be perfect!
“O house of Israel, trust in the Lord –
he is their help and shield.
O house of Aaron, trust in the Lord –
he is their help and shield.
You who fear him, trust in the Lord –
he is their help and shield.

The Lord remembers us and will bless us:
He will bless the house of Israel,
he will bless the house of Aaron,
he will bless those who fear the Lord – small and great alike.

Psalm 115:9-13

I run to You for refuge.
You are my help and shield.
I trust in you with confidence;
and to Your will, I yield.

I fear You, and I trust You.

You will make my path sure.

I can be completely confident;

for in You, I am secure.


No comments: