Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Psalm 113 - The Lord Raises Us Up




When I came across this tiny turtle
while cleaning out my flower bed,
I thought,
“Wouldn’t my granddaughters love to see him!” God keeps bringing nature’s beauty
to my own backyard!




"He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the ash heap;
he seats them with princes,
with the princes of their people.
He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children.

Praise the Lord."

Psalm 113:7-9 (NIV)





Lord, you raise the poor from the dust

and lift the needy from the ash heap.
Once we have given our lives to you,

your promises to us you will keep.
We are lowly and wretched beings, b

ut one day with you we will reign.
You will lift up each humble person

in front of those who looked on us with disdain.
You have already taken this barren woman

lifting me to be a merry-hearted mother.
I will never cease to give you praise.

Glory belongs to you and no other.

No comments: