Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Psalm 112 - Delight in His Commands


My garage is very dark, but in the side mirror of my car I catch a glimpse of my garden bathed in the morning light. The ground hugging fern between the trees shoots up tall flowers to spread its offspring into the wind as the blooms die.




"PRAISE the Lord.
Blessed is the man who fears the Lord,
who finds great delight in his commands.
His children will be mighty in the land;
the generation of the upright will be blessed.
Wealth and riches are in his house,
and his righteousness endures forever.
Even in the darkness light dawns for the upright,
for the gracious and compassionate
and righteous man."

Psalm 112:1-4 (NIV)
Father I fear and am in awe of you.
Help me to abide in your word.
I will take pleasure in following your commands,
remembering that you are Lord.
I pray that my children will follow this example
that they may be truly blessed.
Help them to remember they can be upright
as in Christ’s righteousness they’re dressed.
May your light shine brightly in their darkest hours.
May they derive strength from you.
May they be gracious and compassionate in your name
and to your commands be true.
May the legacy I leave to my children’s children
be one of obedience to Christ.
I pray that your grace, love, and peace
will be evident throughout my life.

No comments: