Thursday, May 28, 2009

Psalm 114 - Tremble at the Presence of the Lord

I prayed that since I am unable to go for walks in the park right now
that God would bring nature to my own backyard.
I had in mind birds, turtles, and things.
Our sovereign Lord outdid my expectations
with this fox standing in my yard before breakfast one morning!
Praise the Lord!
"When Israel came out of Egypt,
the house of Jacob
from a people of foreign tongue,
Judah became God’s sanctuary,
Israel his dominion.

The sea looked and fled,
the Jordan turned back;
the mountains skipped like rams,
the hills like lambs.

Why was it, O sea, that you fled,
O Jordan, that you turned back,
you mountains, that you skipped like rams,
you hills, like lambs?

Tremble, O earth,
at the presence of the Lord,
at the presence of the god of Jacob,
who turned the rock into a pool,
the hard rock into springs of water."

Psalm 114:1-8 (NIV)
Amazing the mighty works of our Lord…
Creator, Sustainer of all that we see!
He brought Israel out of Egypt, controlling the earth;
and now he takes care of me.
The God that parted the Red Sea for Moses
and for Joshua made the Jordan turn back;
is my Master and Owner, Controller of my life,
and provides everything that I lack.
The earth trembles at the presence of Almighty Creator
who turned the rock into a spring.
I bow before him, and worship in awe;
for he’s my Father, my Savior, my Everything.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

hammiefriskie
Wow I like your pet fox. Thank you for leaving a comment. Please post a picuture of your new roses.