Tuesday, September 20, 2016

SUBMIT TO AUTHORITY




Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake 
to every authority instituted among men:
whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 
or to governors,who are sent by him 
to punish those who do wrong 
and to commend those who do right.
For it is God’s will that by doing good 
you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men.
Live as free men, but do not use your freedom 
as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 
Show proper respect to everyone: 
Love the brotherhood of believers, 
fear God, honor the king.”
1 Peter 2:13-17

hupŏtassō5293 – to subordinate: reflex. to obey: - be under obedience (obedient), put under, subdue unto, (be, make) subject (to, unto), be (put) in subjection (to, under), submit self unto.

dŏulŏs1401 – a slave (lit. or fig., invol. or vol.; frequently therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency): - bond (-man), servant.

            Father, you have set me free from the law, but I answer to higher law…the law of love. I am to treat others as I would have them treat me, to show respect to those in authority, and to do good, all in your name because I am your beloved slave who has the privilege of calling Jesus friend. Thank you for your love. Help me to live each day as a light to those who do not yet know you, reflecting your grace in my actions toward others. 


No comments: