Wednesday, September 28, 2016

TAKE TIME TO HONOR HER





























timē5092 – a value, i.e. money paid, or (concr. and collect.) valuables; by anal. esteem (espec. of the highest degree), or the dignity itself: - honour, precious, price, some.

            If I read the above definition correctly, a husband should value his wife as most precious and esteem her to the highest degree. I think it interesting that the English rendering of this Greek word looks like time because that is exactly how a woman knows that she is valuable to her husband…he makes time for her. This admonition for men to affirm their wives comes with a warning: if the man does not honor his wife and respect her, he cannot pray effectively.
            I believe this is not only true in the marriage relationship but in all our dealings with others. Recognizing the value in our friends and coworkers, taking time to show them appreciation, seeing fellow Christians as joint heirs, are keys to having right relationships horizontally. Snags in our earthly relationships can hinder our time with our Father.
           
Father, although I am single, I can take to heart the message that I need to show honor to those I love. Help me also to encourage male friends to honor their wives.        

No comments: