Monday, October 24, 2016

IN GOD'S CARE

“Casting the whole of your care –
all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, 
once and for all – on Him;
for He cares for you affectionately, 
and cares about you watchfully.”
1 Peter 5:7 (Amplified Version) 
See Psalm 55:22, Matthew 6:25-34


mĕlō3199 – to be of interest to, i.e. to concern (only third pers. sing. pres. indic. used impers. it matters): (take) care.

           (Written by Susie in early 2009) I am currently taking care of my 79-year-old mother since she fell and suffered a subdural hematoma resulting in a craniotomy. In English, that means the neurosurgeon opened up the side of her scull to remove a clot between the lining of her brain and the brain.  At this point, she needs help getting in and out of bed, dressing, etc. However, this is not a burden to me because of the love and care between us. Mom trusts me to do what is best for her all day and night.
            If I care this much about Mom, how much more must a perfect, loving God care for us? He is concerned about our every need. We need not worry, but simply trust the Lord to take care of us. We can throw those cares on him, and he’ll handle everything.
           
Father, thank you for your complete and perfect care. Help me to remember that I need not worry because you are in control, you love me, and you care for me.


No comments: