Tuesday, October 11, 2016

LONGING TO PRAISE PERFECTLY by Susie Hale


I am so weak;
            I am so bad.
I know my actions
            must make You sad.
And my inaction
            toward the things I should do
must be a great
            disappointment to You.
You gave Your all.
            You died for me.
You rose again
            so I could be free.
My greatest love,
            my most sincere praise
cannot be enough
            to merit Your gaze;
yet You look at me
            with love ever true,
forgiveness and grace
            that come only from You.
To be so incapable
            frustrates me so,
and I cry bitter tears
            because I want to show
a love that is perfect
      in every way,
to stand without flaw
      in the bright light of day…
But I just have to praise you
            for loving me now
although I’ll admit
            I can’t understand how
You could possibly claim me
            with all of my sin.
Through Jesus, cleanse me
            anew to begin.
Thank You for loving me
            as I am tonight,
but I pray for the day
            when we’ll live in Your light.
And then, up in Heaven
            I’ll be able to give
the perfect love You deserve
            as long as I live…Forever!


No comments: