Thursday, October 6, 2016

SUSTAINER by Susie Hale

Photo courtesy of Mark Shackelford
     
     One of my favorite names for Jesus is Sustainer. The Gospel of John tells us the Jesus was the Creator who spoke the world into being. Throughout the gospels and epistles, we learn that Jesus is the Savior, the only way to God the Father and a forever home in Heaven. This verse in Hebrews explains that He is also the Sustainer. He sustains the earth in its orbit, He sustains our ability to live in this atmosphere, but most importantly, it is Jesus’ power that sustains my walk with Him. I cannot fulfill the life God has called me to live without the power of the Holy Spirit indwelling me. In order to be holy as God is holy, God Himself must sustain that holiness in me. Jesus created me, saved me, and sustains me each day through His infinite power and grace. PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments: