Friday, February 24, 2017

COLOSSIANS 1:21 - RECONCILED


Reconciled

Once I was estranged from God,
alienated because of my sin;
but a miraculous thing happened! I accepted His gift
and turned my life over to Him.
Because of Christ’s death for me on the cross,
I am completely reconciled.
Instead of being God’s enemy,
He’s adopted me as His child!

“Once you were alienated from God
and were enemies in your minds 
because of your evil behavior.
 But now he has reconciled you 
by Christ’s physical body through death
to present you holy in his sight, 
without blemish and free from accusation –
if you continue in your faith, established and firm,
 not moved from the hope held out in the gospel…”
Colossians 1:21-23 (NIV)

apallŏtriŏō526 – to estrange away, i.e. (pass. and fig.) to be non-participant: alienate, be alien.

apŏkatallassō604 – to reconcile fully: - reconcile.

            Often when two people are estranged, there is some guilt on both sides. When it comes to being estranged from God, however, it is always we who have walked away. We are born with a sinful nature, but God has made a way for us to be forgiven and reconciled to him. Do you know people who have heard the Gospel yet walked away remaining alienated from the Lord?
            Perhaps you are reading this and realize that you are still a non-participant when it comes to God’s offer of a relationship. The Almighty Father offers you adoption into his own family. He sent his Son, Jesus, to die in your place on the cross; so you could be fully reconciled to God. Jesus rose from the dead and holds out the hope that we can live with him forever enjoying abundant life. Stop walking away! Talk to God and confess that you are alienated from him because of sin. Ask him to forgive you and adopt you into his family. Ask him come into your life and establish a relationship with you in order to allow you to live for him and turn from wickedness. Accept the gift of salvation Christ died on the cross to give you. He holds it out, but you have to talk to him in order to accept it.
            Father, thank you for reconciling me to you through the blood of Jesus. Help me to live daily in a way that is honoring to you. Help me not to tarnish our family name of Christian. Help me to participate actively in our relationship moment to moment. I thank you for the opportunity to talk with the Creator of the universe! It’s so amazing to realize that you know my thoughts even before I type them just now. Your power is overwhelming, but so is your grace and love!

No comments: