Wednesday, May 24, 2017

1 THESSALONIANS 4:16-18 - CAUGHT UP IN THE CLOUDS by Susie Hale


Caught Up in the Clouds

I wonder what it will be like
to be caught up in the clouds,
to hear the trumpet call of God
and the archangel shouting aloud.
Will it feel like floating on water?
Will I be too excited to care?
Even with questions unanswered,
I’m just grateful to know I’ll be there.
For whether I’m one of the dead being raised
or I’m standing on earth when He comes,
it will be the most amazing moment
to be in the presence of the Son!
I’ll be reunited with all of my loved ones
and friends who fell asleep in the Lord.
And how do I know this will come to pass?
God promised me in His Word.


“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, 
with a loud command,
with the voice of the archangel 
and with the trumpet call of God,
and the dead in Christ will rise first.
After that,
we who are still alive and are left
will be caught up together with them in the clouds
to meet the Lord in the air. 
And so we will be with the Lord forever.
Therefore encourage each other with these words.”
I Thessalonians 4:16-18 (NIV)

            Both letters to the church at Thessalonica place an emphasis on the return of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Paul was encouraging the Thessalonians to take hope in the reality of the Lord’s fulfillment of his promise to come back to take us to the place he has prepared for us (John 14:2-3).  He also gave important instructions on how we as Christians should live in the light of this knowledge.
            My prayer is that the pages of this book will encourage you to read all of I and II Thessalonians.  As you read these meditations on God’s word, journal your own thoughts as well. The photographs and poetry will help you to see clouds with a new wonder. Glorious clouds at dawn and sunset demonstrate the Lord’s power. Storm clouds symbolize obstacles to overcome. White fluffy clouds are like the peace I have in knowing Jesus. Allow clouds to remind you of the day when those of us who trust in Christ will be “caught up in the clouds” and “be with the Lord forever.”  

No comments: