Monday, April 2, 2018

LUKE 8:43-44 HEALING IN HIS WINGS

HEALING IN HIS WINGS
By the Roving Reporter

Galilee: You may have read the headlines about the daughter of Jairus being raised from the dead. Many witnesses testified that the twelve-year-old girl had died while her dad was out finding Jesus to come and heal her. However, after Jesus and three of His faithful followers entered the house, the little girl miraculously came back to life. This was an exciting turn of events—Jesus raised someone from the dead! However, another miracle occurred while the Rabbi was on His way to Jairus’s house, and I have the exclusive interview with the recipient of His healing power.

Roving Reporter: Tell me a little bit about the affliction that drove you to seek out Jesus of Nazareth.

Woman: This is a little bit embarrassing, but if it brings glory to the Rabbi and helps others to see the truth about Him, I will gladly share my story.

RR: Why embarrassing?

W: My infirmity made me unclean because I had an issue of blood. I had exhausted my financial resources and suffered every kind of treatment at the hands of many physicians. I was worn to a frazzle.

RR: How long had this been going on?

W: I had been bleeding for twelve long years.

RR: Amazing! Describe your encounter with the Healer.

W: I had heard many accounts of the healing power of Jesus of Nazareth. Therefore, when I heard He was on the way to the house of Jairus, I seized the opportunity to see Him. There was a sizable crowd preventing me from approaching Him. Besides, if anyone recognized me, they would have told Him to stay away because I was unclean.

RR: How did you overcome that obstacle?

W: I remembered that one of the Prophets foretold that the Messiah would have “healing in his wings.”

RR: His wings?

W: That is a euphemism for the fringe at the hem of a man’s garment that reminds him of the law. We Jews call it the “tzitzit.”

RR: So, what did you do next?

Woman: I crept up behind Jesus trying not to be observed. I believed Him to be the Messiah, and I thought to myself, “If I can only touch His wings, I will be healed.” I held my breath and reached up to touch the fringe.

RR: Describe what happened next.

W: I felt power surge through my body and knew in my heart that I was completely healed! However, I had not escaped the Rabbi’s notice. He asked, “Who touched me?”  Even though His disciples pointed out that everyone was touching Him, I knew I had to confess. He said He had felt the power go out from Him.

RR: Was Jesus angry that you had touched His clothing while you were unclean?

W: Not at all! He turned to me and said, “Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.” The Master called me “daughter!” Rather than my affliction contaminating Him, His power decontaminated me! Jesus definitely does have healing in His wings!
RR: Thank you for granting this interview and sharing your story.

W: I plan to share the story of Jesus’s graciousness to me with everyone I meet for the rest of my life!

RR: There you have it, readers. Jesus performed a miracle on His way to perform a miracle! The stories surrounding this man just get more and more incredible!

But unto you that fear my name
shall the Sun of righteousness arise
with healing in his wings;
and ye shall go forth and grow up
as calves of the stall.
Malachi 4:2 (KJV)

No comments: