Monday, April 10, 2017

GENESIS 9:16 & 1 THESSALONIANS 2:11-12 - CALLED INTO HIS KINGDOM

Called Into His Kingdom

I am called into God’s kingdom.
In his blessings I will share.
It is only by the blood of Christ
that I will enter there.
How do I live a life that’s worthy
of my Savior’s sacrifice?
I must make a complete surrender
every moment of my life.

“For you know that we dealt with each of you 
as a father deals with his own children, 
encouraging, comforting and urging you 
to live lives worthy of God,
who calls you into his kingdom and glory.”
I Thessalonians 2:11-12 (NIV)

axiōs516 – appropriately; as becometh, after a godly sort, worthily, worthy

            I am called into the kingdom of God and into his glory.  I can’t even begin to imagine what that means.  Eternity, everlasting life, living in a mansion in my Father’s house, not because I deserve to be there, but solely because he loves me: It’s mind-boggling.
            With that in mind, how can I possibly live a life worthy of such a gracious, loving God? How can I behave appropriately as God’s child? This is another one of those things I cannot possibly do in my own strength, just by determining to do so. I must rely on the Holy Spirit working within me.
I also must realize that becoming like Christ, sanctification, does not happen instantaneously the moment I’m saved.  It is a work that God does over time and will not complete until the day I see Jesus face to face. But even though for every step forward in my spiritual growth, I seem to make three steps backward, I can be confident that “He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6)
I believe the way I can live a life worthy of God is to rely on him completely every moment of every day.  I need to “hunger and thirst for righteousness” (Matthew 5:6).  I should study God’s word, “hide it in my heart” (Psalm 119:11), and live my life according to it in order to stay pure (Psalm 119:9). I need to “walk in the light”, fellowship with other believers, and confess my sins (I John 1:5-10).
Jesus said, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). In order to walk worthily, I must stay close to the source of my strength, Jesus. I do this through prayer, worship, Bible study, and fellowship with other believers.
Father, although I am unworthy in my flesh, through the blood of Jesus and the work of the Holy Spirit in my life, I will be found worthy when I stand before your throne. Thank you for providing all I need to serve you and to share in your kingdom and glory.

No comments: