Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I AM THE LIGHT


I Am the Light

Jesus declares that He is the light.
His truth dispels the darkness of night.
Any sin that I might try to disguise
His light will expose, all is bare to His eyes.
But if I live openly not hiding from Christ,
Basking in radiance that Jesus provides,
If with my Savior, I daily abide,
He nourishes me; and, therefore, I thrive.


The rays of light penetrate through the trees to illuminate the forest floor and enable the green foliage to grow. Since I have surrendered my life to Jesus, the rays of His Holy Spirit break through the messiness of my life to continually draw me closer to Him. As I read the word of God, the Holy Spirit shines a spotlight on passages and makes me feel as if they were written with only me in mind. I am nourished by the scriptures, and the Light reveals anything in me that needs to be cleansed by His grace. Pray that the Light of Life, who is the Great I Am, will satisfy your hunger daily. Take the time to bask in His glorious light by praying, studying the Bible, and worshiping. This is how to thrive in your relationship with the Lord. Isaiah 61:3 “…that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.” Pray the Lord will grow you up to be a mighty oak of righteousness!



No comments: