Wednesday, April 20, 2016

John 9 - The Man Born Blind


Testimony of the Man Born Blind
By Susie Hale in 1983

I’ve a story to tell and I hope you will hear
Of the day in my life when the Savior drew near.
I was only a blind man begging in the street,
But then the day came when the Lord I did meet.
He spat on the ground, put the clay on my eyes.
Not knowing who he was, to my feet I did rise
To go forth and wash in the pool as he said.
I came back seeing! Even I who had begged!
My neighbors inquired how my eyes had been cleared
And took me to the Pharisees, their opinion to hear.
They asked me again how I received my sight.
I told them the same that I tell you tonight…
“He put clay on my eyes, and I washed, and do see.”
But since they knew not the Lord, they would not believe me.
They called in my parents to question them, too.
But they said, “He’s of age. Let him speak to you.”
“This man is a sinner,” the Jews tried to tell me.
I said, “one thing I know; I was blind, now I see!”
They asked me again how he opened my eyes.
They had already heard it, so I asked him why
they would hear it again. Did they want to be
disciples of this man who caused me to see?
They said they followed Moses whom they knew spoke to God.
That they knew not from where Jesus was, I thought quite odd.
A marvelous thing the Pharisees didn’t know
The evidence of God this man’s works did show.
They rebuked me for teaching them and then cast me out
Of the synagogue forever, but ‘twas a good thing, no doubt.
For when Jesus heard it for lowly me He sought
Ad asked if I believed on the Son of God.
“Who is He, Lord, that I might believe?”
He said, “it is He that talketh with thee.”
I said, “Lord, I believe.” And I worshipped Him there.
For He was the Messiah, the answer to prayer.
And this is my story. I hope you have heard
Of the day in my life when I met the Lord.

No comments: