Friday, April 22, 2016

PRIORITIES

'
The next few posts will not be directly from our study of the Gospel of John because we do not want to get to far ahead of where we are on the Bible study blog at www.preciousjewelsministries.org so enjoy a few poems while we get back in sync. (Susie and Susan)

Priorities
By Susie Hale
March 25, 1983

Often many different things
Are mingling in my brain;
And all the thoughts get jumbled up
Resulting in great strain.
There are so many sights to see,
So many deeds to do,
So many things I want to be
’ere my life on earth is through.
So many words I want to write,
So many songs to sing,
So many lives I want to touch,
Such happiness to bring.
Then I get in such a hurry
’cause my brain gets all confused,
And I cause myself such worry
Over time that I’ve misused.
But then is when I realize
I must take time to slow down;
And seek the One who’s in control,
Who makes the world go ’round.
To trust in Him to guide my steps,
To show me in His time
Which things should be priorities
To keep my life in rhyme.
So, if I’ll set the time aside
To go to God in prayer,
Hell straighten out my jumbled mind
And place His peace in there.

No comments: