Thursday, December 8, 2016

ISAIAH 7:14 - IMMANUEL - EMMANUEL


EMMANUEL
“God with us.” Let that soak in a bit – GOD WITH US, God with me!

Emmanuel – I was about four or five, wearing my little leg braces, and I told my granddad that I wanted Jesus to be mine forever. We walked down to the altar, and that was it – I believe He was, and is, and forever will be mine.

Emmanuel – It was the summer before my sophomore year in high school when I realized that even though I was active in the youth group at my church, I did not have the relationship with God that others had. I asked my youth minister, Ray Young, to talk with me; and he led me through the Roman Road of Salvation. I prayed to receive God’s free gift of grace, and immediately Jesus was with me.

Emmanuel – When I had 200-300 stitches down my back after the surgeons corrected a 98° curvature of my spine to about 35° at the age of 16, I was in drastic pain, but Jesus was with me. In 2006, I was in the hospital awaiting a procedure. My doctor felt an urgency to check on me and found me unresponsive and not breathing. While I was on the ventilator for three weeks, God was with me and specifically told me to minister to His shepherds. When I both of my legs had to be amputated above the knee, I coded again. Once again, the presence of the Lord sustained me.

Emmanuel – When my husband left me five days before our first wedding anniversary, I yelled at God; but God was with me and led me that Sunday (our first anniversary) to a church family that saw me through my divorce and discipled me to walk more closely with the Lord. When my daddy went to be with the Lord after a battle with cancer, I found I could “dance like a child” in God’s presence even though my heart was hearting. As I cared for my mother for six years, Jesus was with us every step of the way.

Emmanuel – When I graduated twice from ORU and when I was ordained as a minister, God was with me. When I celebrated entering my “golden decade” when my life expectancy had been 24 years, Jesus celebrated the continued life He gives me. Jesus has been with me mightily through every high and low in my life. I trust that He will continue to be my Emmanuel, God with me, until He receives me home. My desire is to be a living gift of His presence to those I encounter.

Emmanuel – When the Lord blessed me with “adopted” teenagers in my forties, I knew Jesus was with me. God had given me many Christian friends who are “Jesus with skin on” and through them, He has hugged me so many times. Jesus brought Susan and me together and has enabled us by His grace to form Precious Jewels Ministries, and we are keenly aware of Emmanuel, God with us, every day as we study His word.

EMMANUEL – GOD WITH US  

REFLECT ON HIS PRESENCE IN YOUR LIFE TODAY!

No comments: