Monday, December 19, 2016

PSALM 32:11 - RIGHT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD BRINGS JOY


The following is an excerpt from Susan Slade's upcoming devotional book titled A Life's Symphony of Joy.


Day 7 – Right Relationship with God Brings Joy

Psalm 32:11 (ESV)

Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones;
And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.

            David is laying everything out on the table, prostrating himself before divine court for mercy. He had an adulterous relationship with Bathsheba and orchestrated the murder of her husband, Uriah the Hittite, who was one of David’s mighty men. When David’s sin and God’s holiness were contradictory to one another, he experienced ailments, and his strength was draining away to immeasurable proportions. But when he admitted the sins God was addressing, he was met not with retribution but with redemption. In this psalm, David celebrates the undeserved forgiveness that his gracious Father extended with no strings attached.

            Lack of obedience is disobedience which is sin. God had called me (Susan Slade) to be his teaching preacher. I knew in 1982 that this was what I was supposed to do, but I was resistant and, therefore, disobedient because of tradition. At that point, I was willing to let the tradition of  male ministers only take precedence over God’s authority in my life. Something transpired in my life in 1988 that caused me to say, “Okay, God, whatever You want.” I am not implying that God caused what happened, but I am saying that because of what happened, it made me want to be sure that God and I were on the same page. When I said, “Yes,” to God completely, I knew that whatever happened, because I was obedient to God, He would have my back.

            Are you resisting God’s prodding in a particular situation? You will experience freedom once you surrender to His authority. He will then enable you to do all He has called you to do.

No comments: