Wednesday, December 7, 2016

ISAIAH 9:6 - HIS NAME


HIS NAME
By Susie Hale & Susan Slade, Precious Jewels Ministries


A living gift – God’s Messiah, the Hope of Israel, the long-awaited one entered our world as a tiny baby. His hair still wet from being born, He was already great, the greatest Gift ever bestowed upon human-kind. This baby was born to be the King of kings and Lord of lords, and in the future, He will reign over all the earth. He is already sovereign over everything, but not all people recognize the fact. In that day, when He returns to our world again, it will be obvious to all, and everyone will bow to Him.

But even now, those who believe and trust in Him know Him by His many powerful names. Jesus is my wonderful counselor – One who listens and advises wisely to guide me through the maze of experiences to reach the Father. He is the mighty God – He is my strength and enables me to stand firm as He holds me up. The Promised One is my everlasting Father – His parenting is a forever commitment, and I am privileged to be His child. Jesus is ever-present and never-failing – He is always there for me, will never let me down, and will never disappoint. The Messiah is the Master of Wholeness, the Prince of Peace – the Hebrew word for peace, shalom, is synonymous with wholeness meaning “nothing missing, nothing broken.” Jesus takes my broken pieces and makes me whole, enabling me to experience that true peace that passes all understanding. (Philippians 4:6-7) Jesus is the Potter, and I am the clay. I am my Master’s masterpiece.



Isaiah 64:8 (KJV) But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

No comments: