Monday, February 22, 2016

SERVICE

SERVICE
Karen Sue Hale
September 3, 1987

Service…
This one word sums up
Christ’s ministry on earth
beginning with His birth.
He came
in humblest of forms
as a tiny babe, not a man,
to best serve the Father’s plan.
He obeyed
His earthly parents’ rules,
and yet He was aware
of the Heavenly Father’s care.
He worked
in Joseph’s carpenter shop
laboring with His hands
to meet customers’ demands.
He preached
great sermons throughout the land,
yet healed the sick and lame
and served others wherever He came.
He died
to pay for all my sin,
as my substitute to serve,
suffered what I deserved.
He rose
in victory from the grave,
and He serves today too
interceding for me and you.
Service…
to follow Christ I must serve;
meet others’ needs as I can
while witnessing to God’s plan.
Jesus
should be first in my life;
I must serve Him above all else
then serve others before myself.

“Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus…”
Philippians 2:5


            Father, seeing my granddaughter, only a few days old, helped me to realize anew exactly how much Jesus humbled Himself to become a helpless infant. Help me to be humble, obedient, and of service to you. As the psalmist prayed, “Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths.” Lord, help me to have the wisdom to walk in them.

No comments: