Wednesday, January 11, 2017

EPHESIANS 1:7-8A - IN HIM


In Him
by Susie Hale, Precious Jewels Ministries

In Him…we are chose
     To be holy and blameless in His sight.
In Him…we are redeemed
     From our helpless, enslaved plight.
In Him…we are forgiven
     According to the riches of God’s grace.
In Him…we are marked with a seal
     The earnest of our heavenly place!

“In him we have redemption through his blood, 
the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God’s grace
that he lavished on us with 
all wisdom and understanding.”
Ephesians 1:7-8 (NIV)

charis5485 – graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstr. or concr.’ Lit., fig. or spiritual: espec. The divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s, -worthy).

pĕrissĕuō – to superabound (in quantity or quality), be in excess, be superfluous; also (trans.) to cause to superabound or excel: - (make, more) abound, (have, have more) abundance, (be more) abundant, be the better, enough and to spare, exceed, excel, increase, be left, redound, remain (over and above).

            “The divine influence upon the heart” has been lavished on me that it might be reflected in my life. I’ve done more than one study of Ephesians that encouraged me to mark every occurrence of “in Christ” and “in him” in order to get a clear picture of all that is mine because of Jesus. I want to take that thought to its next level. God has provided abundantly for me because he expects me to share the overflow with others.
            I cannot, in and of myself, be holy and blameless. However, the Holy Spirit is doing the work of conforming me to the likeness of Christ. This is not so that I can sit up and say, “look how holy I’m becoming.” No, it is so that others may see Jesus in me and desire to know him. The Lord marks me with his seal, and I know that my home is with him. He has given me “enough and to spare,” and it is his intent that I share the increase with others.
            Lord, help me share the overflow of the grace you have lavished on me. Mold me and make me more and more into the image of Christ that others would see Jesus flowing through my life. Thank you for all that I have in Christ. Stir me to be more generous in sharing the abundance of your grace.

No comments: