Monday, January 23, 2017

EPHESIANS 3:7 - EMPOWERED BY GOD'S GRACE


EMPOWERED BY GOD’S GRACE


The year I (Susan) was sixteen, I major surgery to insert two metal rods, six screws, and corresponding wires in my back to correct scoliosis. As I was recovering in the hospital, God spoke to me in an audible voice similar to booming thunder assuring me I would be all right and would serve as His megaphone. The Lord continued to work on me for six years as I presented all the reasons I was sure there were other people much more suited to be His megaphone than I, a woman in a wheelchair. I could visualize being His minister if and when He healed me outwardly but not while I still suffered all the problems associated with cerebral palsy. While interceding in prayer for someone precious to me, I finally surrendered to being on the same page with God in every area of my life. I had been obediently attending Oral Roberts University but had not been convinced God could use me in the way He was proposing. I publicly surrendered to the ministry in 1988, but it has taken many years to get to the point of full-time service as president of Precious Jewels Ministries. The Lord was tenacious, and it is only by His power that I am enabled to serve Him.  
          Once the Holy Spirit made salvation clear to me (Susie) the summer after my freshman year in high school, I seemed more drawn to a life of service than many of my Christian friends. Ironically, it was not until my husband left me in 1980, that I began to believe I should be in full-time ministry. What? Me? I’m DIVORCED! After completing a degree in music education and while pursuing a master’s in education, I entered the ministry as a teacher at Glenview Christian School. Many years passed, and I found myself being my mother’s full-time caregiver. I publicly surrendered to ministry assuming I was to be a hospice chaplain. However, the Lord was preparing me to be Susan’s facilitator and VP of Precious Jewels Ministries. In this capacity, my education and experience as a teacher and the skills I learned as a caregiver. God’s power was directing both of us throughout the years to bring us to this point of sharing the Good News as a team! 

No comments: