Tuesday, March 24, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 17

Luke 17:20-37 - Lose Your Life

In light of the fact that we do not know when the Lord will return, we should be living each day as if his return will be in the next few moments. Losing my own life by surrendering completely to the Holy Spirit is the way to be prepared. One of my favorite hymns is "Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee." As that hymn says, everything I do should be a result of the impulse of Christ's love for me and for those He would have me minister to. Each breath should be dedicated to His service. Am I there yet? By no means! Each day I need to yield myself anew, and ask the Master to show me how He wants to use me that day.

LIVE IT: Die to your own opinions and desires today for His sake.

The world continues to spin on its axis.
People marry, party, and pay their taxes.
People live in the moment giving no thought
to Jesus the Christ who our pardon bought
by His death on the cross in our place.
They give no thought to the judgment they face.
We who know Jesus should be ready.
We must be serving, calm and steady.
May we dedicate each new day
to serving Christ, dear Lord, I pray.
Show me Your ways, and teach me Your paths,
may I pray with the Psalmis and each day ask
for the strength I need to serve my Lord.
May I daily seek You in Your word.

No comments: