Sunday, March 22, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 19


John 11:1-44 See the Glory of God


Today we took a detour from the Gospel of Luke and turned to the Gospel of John. We read the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead. The Lord waited two days after being notified that Lazarus was sick before journeying to Bethany. He did this so that His disciples and others visiting Mary and Martha could see the glory of God as he raised Lazarus from the dead. Mary and Martha went through four days of grieving the death of their brother, but I'm sure they thought it worth the temporary sorrow once they witnessed the miracle of Jesus raising him from the dead!


I long to see the glory of the Lord

and to glorify God all my days,

to turn away from my own understanding

and learn to walk in His ways.

I know that following Christ is costly,

for I must surrender my all.

But I can trust in my sovereign Lord

who will not allow me to fall.

When days on earth seem bleak and gray;

and God's glory seems hidden from view,

I pray that I'll stand firm in the Lord.

Then my spirit He will renew.

May I never be satisfied

with only a glimpse of God's power.

May God's will and glory be done in me

as I trust in Him hour by hour.

No comments: