Saturday, March 21, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 20

Luke 17:5-10 - Use the Faith You've Got

"The apostles said to the Lord, Increase our faith - that trust and confidence that springs from our belief in God. Andthe Lord answred, If you had faith (trust and confidence in God) even as a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, Be pulled up by the roots, and be planted in the sea, and it would obey you." Luke 17:5-6 (Amplified Version)

You can’t go out on a limb for God
unless you’re climbing the tree!
You cannot possibly walk on water
if you’ve never set foot on the sea!
It has been my experience, that our faith, our trust and confidence in God, grows as we exercise it. Remember God's faithfulness to us in a small matter helps us to have faith in Him for the next, larger challenge. I have faith that God will take care of my needs while I care for mother and later on in my retirement years because I exercised faith when I taught at a Christian school for over 10 years. He provided food, clothing, and shelter even when I was living below poverty level. He still provides. Yesterday, I mentioned to Mom that I would like to have a 2nd pair of jeans before I go to Alaska this summer. Last night, our friend Glida from down the street called to tell me a lady had given her some clothes that didn't fit her and asked if I could use a pair of jeans and several pair of shorts! God provided not only the jeans but also shorts for working in the yard as it gets hotter. I have to believe that the same God who sent me jeans, can give me words to witness to the lost, comfort the grieving, and encourage fellow believers. I simply must use the faith I have, make the first step, and rely on God to propel me to the finish line!
FITNESS TRAINING
I Corinthians 9:24-25 – May 20, 1983

Every runner who strives to win
puts himself into training.
He eats the right foods, sleeps when he should,
and works out with muscles complaining.
If he does all this for a temporal prize,
then how much more should I strive
to eat daily God’s word, rest in the Lord,
and exercise faith to change lives?

No comments: