Monday, March 16, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 25

Luke 15:1-32 - Look for What's Lost

In all three of the parables in today's passage, someone was looking for something/someone that was lost. Once they found what they were looking for, they rejoiced. It was not that the other things or the other son were not as valuable or moreso than the one that was lost. The rejoicing, especially in the case of the prodigal son, was that something of value had been thought hopelessly lost; and now it/he was returned.

Our brothers and sisters in Christ are dear to us, and we enjoy spending time with other believers. However, if we never go out and seek the lost, how will they hear? What joy might we be missing by failing to share our faith? When someone comes to the Lord or a straying Christian returns, there is great rejoicing in Heaven. We can share in that joy if we are actively involved in spreading the Good News to the lost.

My current situation means that I am not in contact with many people on a day to day basis. However, I am going to make a concientious effort to seek out people with whom I can share Jesus at the grocery store, beauty shop, Sam's Club, etc. when I am able to get out. Most of my neighbors profess Christ, but some are unchurched. Perhaps I can be more forward in inviting them to North Pointe.

Lord, lead me to someone who needs
to hear the Gospel message from me.
Let me be bold to plan some seeds
that might help a blinded soul to see.
Help me to actively seek the lost
and point them to Christ on the cross.
Remind me, Lord, to count the cost
and consider all but You as loss.

No comments: