Monday, March 9, 2009

40 Days to Live - Day 32

Luke 12:49-59 - Understand theTimes

I'm a little later than usual with my writing tonight, but I did read the passage this morning and have thought about it today. The "Live It" instruction was, "Approach today as if you have one month left on the earth." Wow. I'm not sure a followed that, but I thought on it throughout the day. My priorities would definitely change if I were told I had one month left to live this life. I would be much more diligent to share the gospel with everyone I meet and especially with my loved ones. I would cling to things less and value relationships more. I would also make sure everything was in order for whoever would take care of Mom. I would write letters for my granddaughters to read as they got older. I would be in the Word every day without fail. There's really no reason I can't do all of those things now. There is every reason I should because none of us are promised tomorrow. We eagerly await Christ's return but often forget He could call us home with our next breath.


Jesus, help me live each day as if it were my first,
drinking in your creation, having unquenchable thirst
to know you better, serve you more, live life abundantly.
Wake me refreshed each morning, thankful for all you've given me.
Jesus, help me to live each day as if it were my last,
sharing your gospel with everyone before the moment is past.
Not sweating all the small stuff, but focused on eternity.
Lord, focus my eyes on your kingdom and take my mind off me.

No comments: